This course acquaints students with the basic knowledge and skills of a focus puller/ camera assistant. The training consists of two parts:
1. Students will get to know the different position levels, tasks, and responsibilities of camera assistants, their place in the crew, as well as major camera, camera accessories and optics manufacturers: ARRI, Red, Zeiss, Angenioux, Cook, etc.
2. We will introduce students to main camera types – ARRI Alexa SXT, Plus, Studio, DTE ARRI Alexa Mini, ARRI Amira – in the camera store and locations of Vision Team, our collaborating partner.
You will be equipped with the foundation knowledge of the profession that will enable you to perform tasks confidently. . The number of lessons ensures that you will have comprehensive knowledge, but you will need to further develop your knowledge and skills in the film-making internship programs organized jointly by the Hungarian Film Fund and LUMIÉRE. After completion of one or two internships you will be able to perform your tasks independently in Hungarian and international features, series and commercials.
Obviously, the most important precondition is that you do your utmost to acquire the necessary professional knowledge and skills.
• principles of data recording of digital cameras and related concepts
• measurement units
• ARRI Alexa SXT, Plus, Studio, DTE ARRI Alexa Mini, ARRI Amira, Red Wapon Red Dragon • Film camera: ARRI 435 • Tripodsets, Oconnor, small, normal tripods, hi-hat
• Matebox, MB18,LMB25,LMB6,MB14
• Onboard monitors, TV-Logic, SmallHD
• Wcu-4, sxu-1, Lcube, UMC
• Cinetape, UDM
• ARRI Alexa Mini installation practice – studio • handheld – Steadycam
Diósy Mihály, Tóth Zsolt
The exam consists of two parts: theory and practice; and the evaluation of the assignments you did in the course is also considered.
We issue two types of certificates. A Certificate of Attendance will certify that a student has completed studies in the course. A Certificate of Excellence will be awarded to outstanding students who have completed their studies with the best scores. This is of great importance in terms of job opportunities.
What else may be needed for you to perform the tasks of a focus puller / camera assistant successfully?
Basic level of English, general knowledge of films, interest and commitment to the profession.
Who will you learn from?
Artists actively working in creative fields and world-class film professionals with significant international experience make up our teaching staff. They will act as your most important contacts in the profession. They will help your start on your career. They will create the conditions that enable you to become an active contributor to the film-making community. They will offer you the first work opportunities. They will be your references and their recommendation will be more valuable than any diploma or certificate.
What opportunities will you have after completing your studies at our school?
The Lumiére Film School was established with the aim of offering professional responses to the serious shortage of film industry practitioners currently experienced. Our collaborating partners are leading suppliers to American, European and Asian features, series and commercials produced in Hungary. The school is in a fortunate position as we are in daily contact with the heads of key production companies and they increasingly rely on our schoolwhen they need new crew members.